25 Sep, 2019
- Another Chance in Afghanistan (Article) - IR
- A Job that Kills (Data Point) - Social Issues
- India Accepts RCEP Tips on Investment - Regional Groupings
- India US Trade Deal Falls Through - Bilateral Relation
- Ramanujan Prize for UK Mathematician - Prize
- Climate for Action - Reference - Environment
- Practice questions
INDIA, U.S. TRADE DEAL FALLS THROUGH
PM Modi is on a visit to USA to strengthen the multi-faceted relationship between the two countries. One of the major agenda of this visit was to sign an Interim trade agreement between the two countries. However, this deal could not finalised due to lack of consensus on certain key aspects of the trade agreement.
- Concerns raised by USA
- Concerns raised by India
INDIA ACCEPTS RCEP TIPS ON INVESTMENTS
India and the other RCEP countries are currently in the final phase of negotiations in Vietnam. This article highlights that the investment chapter of the RCEP deal has been agreed upon and India has decided to accept some of the key provisions of the investment deal which could boost foreign investments into India.
- About RCEP
- What has been decided now?
ANOTHER CHANCE IN AFGHANISTAN
US has recently cancelled the talks with the Taliban and the reason sighted by the Trump administration is that Taliban has not given up on its terrorist mode of operation. In this scheme of things, US cannot negotiate with the Taliban when its soldiers are being targeted and killed.
- Standpoint of various Stakeholders on the Issues
This article discusses about the problem of Manual Scavenging in India.
- Manual Scavenging in India- Present status
- Government Initiatives
- Prohibition of Employment as Manual Scavengers and their Rehabilitation Act, 2013
RAMANUJAN PRIZE FOR U.K. MATHEMATICIAN
The SASTRA Ramanujan prize for 2019 will be awarded to mathematician Adam Harper, Assistant Professor with the University of Warwick, England.
- About SASTRA Ramanujan prize
- About Fields Medal