12 Dec, 2019
- The 'Delhi Dogma' fallacy of the right - International Relations
- RS clears Citizenship Amendment Bill - Polity and Governance
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Amendment Bill 2019 - Economy
- Heavy metal contamination - Environment
- Partial Credit Guarantee Scheme - Economy
- International Financial Services Centres (IFSC) Authority Bill, 2019 - Economy
- Practice Question
Nod to ring fence successful IBC suitors
The Union Cabinet has recently approved certain important amendments to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code. In this regard, let us understand some of the important amendments being made to the IBC 2019.
- Basic Details about Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC)
- New Amendments proposed in the IBC
- Insolvency Proceedings against Real Estate Developers
Nod to ring fence successful IBC suitors (Partial Credit Guarantee)
The Union Cabinet has recently approved the Partial Credit Guarantee Scheme for the benefit of the banks and NBFCs. Such a move by the Government is expected to inject more liquidity into the economy so as to counter the present economic slowdown.
- How the Partial Credit Guarantee Scheme works?
- Modifications in the Scheme
- Inclusion of NBFCs in the SMA-0 Category
- Ratings of the Underlying Assets
- Benefits of the Scheme
LS passes Bill to set up unified authority for financial services
The Lok Sabha has recently passed the International Financial Services Centres (IFSC) Authority bill, 2019 which provides for the establishment of an authority to develop and regulate the financial services market. In this regard, let us understand the need for the bill and its provisions
- Need for the Bill
- Provisions of the Bill
- Functions of the Authority
- International Financial Services Centres Authority Fund
50th PSLV launch carries radar satellite
ISRO has launched India's defence satellite RISAT-2BR1 and nine commercial satellites through the PSLV-C48 from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota. The launch assumes significance as PSLV-C48, the 50th mission of PSLV, will be carrying the spy satellite of India to space.
- What is SAR?
- Synthetic Aperture Radar
The “Delhi Dogma” fallacy of the right
- The ‘Delhi dogma’ fallacy of the right
- Evolution of foreign policy: 6 broad phases
- 1946-62 an era of optimistic non-alignment
- 1962-71 limited cooperation
- 1971 to 1991 greater regional assertion.
- 1991-2000: Strategic autonomy
- 5th phase: India as a balancing power
- 6th phase 2014 onwards
- Change in India’s engagement
- India’s approach today
- A critique of India’s foreign policy
- Lessons for the future in 5 baskets
Heavy metals contaminating India’s rovers
Although there is no specific definition of heavy metal, literature has defined it as a naturally occurring element having a high atomic weight and high density which is five times greater than that of water.
- Arsenic pollution:
- Cadmium pollution:
- Chromium Pollution:
- Copper Pollution:
- Iron Pollution:
- Mains sources of Heavy Metal Pollution are:
- Other Reasons:
After a heated debate, RS clears citizenship Bill
- The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2019 extends citizenship to illegal migrants of the minority communities of Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- The migrants belonging to minority communities including Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis and Christians who entered India on or before December 31 2014 are eligible for citizenship by naturalization.
- Need for the bill
- Issues with the Bill
- Assam: Re-emergence of Outsider V/s Insider debate
- Discrimination based on country of origin
- Exclusion of some minorities
- Wide discretion to government to cancel OCI registration