GS Paper II Mains - 2019- Question Analysis
- Despite Consistent experience of high growth, India still goes with the lowest indicators of human development. Examine the issues that make balanced and inclusive development elusive
Mains Assignment Question
Despite Consistent experience of high growth, India still goes with the lowest indicators of human development. Examine the issues that make balanced and inclusive development elusive. (150 Words)
Subjects : Economic-Social Development
- Introduction: Present state of Indian economy and its performance in various human development indices.
- Body: Reasons for lack of balanced and inclusive growth
- Conclusion: Solution in brief and way forward
Add your Answer below
Higher GDP growth rates in India has not translated into improvement in human development indicators as evident in its lower ranking in HDI, GHI, HCI etc. Thus, there is poor correlation between higher GDP growth rates and human development. Reasons for Lack of Balanced and Inclusive Growth
- Poverty eradication programs: poor implementation and corruption
- Unemployment, underemployment and jobless growth negatively affecting demographic dividend and a having spiraling effect on poverty
- Unequal distribution of wealth: is increasing inequality
- Unbalanced regional development: increasing the existing disparity among and within the states
- Environment degradation: adversely affecting the farmers and the vulnerable sections
- Insufficient funding and innovation: in education, health and other social indicators leading to their abysmal performance.
Government programs like Ayushman Bharat, Skill India etc. should be implemented in letter and spirit. This will help India to achieve its SGD’s and fulfill the values enshrined in the constitution.
The need is to address the above problems with a focused approach for a balanced, inclusive and sustainable growth.