18 Dec, 2019
- Brahmos - Science and Technology
- National Broadband Mission - Polity
- Structural Reforms ( Article) - Economy
- Invasive Species ( Article) - Environment
- Indo-US 2+2 Dialogue - International Relations
- Practice Questions
Govt. aims to provide broadband access to all villages by 2022
Union Government has announced a new ‘mission’ named National Broadband Mission (NBM) which will provide broadband access to all villages by 2022. The mission will enable fast track growth of digital communication infrastructure in the country. However, it will require an investment of around Rs. 7 lakh crore from various stakeholders.
- About National Broadband Mission (NBM)
In pursuit of Structural Reforms
Structural reforms are essentially measures that change the fabric of an economy, the institutional and regulatory framework in which businesses and people operate. They are designed to ensure the economy is fit and better able to realize its growth potential in a balanced way.
- G20s Structural reforms Agenda
- Way forward for India
Brahmos missiles successfully test-fired
The DRDO has successfully test-fired a land-based and air-launched version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile.
- About Brahmos
- Significance of BrahMos
- Efforts at Indigenisation
- Cruise vs Ballistic Missile
Fish in troubled waters
The article highlights the introduction of aquatic invasive alien species into Indian habitats due to Climate change and unprecedented floods resulting from cloud bursts.
- Invasive species and threats
- Role of floods
- Role of Climate change
Defense ties to get push at 2+2 with U.S.
The Indo-US 2+2 Ministerial dialogue being held in India is expected to result in further deepening of strategic partnership between the 2 countries.
- Indo-US Defense partnership
- Government to Government sales
- GSOMIA (General Security of Military Information Agreement)
- India-US foundational agreements
- About foundational agreements
- About India US 2+2 Dialogue