24 Dec, 2019
- Quick Reaction Surface to Area Missile - Science
- Study on Mental Disorders - Social Issues
- FTA with Eurasian Economic Union - Economy
- A decision without forethought -Impact of CAA on northeast (Article ) - Polity
- Space Force - Weaponisation of Outer space - Science
- Bar Headed goose in Kerala - Environment
- No religious names for political parties - ECI - Polity
- Cabinet Committee on Investment - polity (Reference)
- E.V Ramaswamy - History - (Reference)
- Practice Questions
A DECISION WITHOUT FORETHOUGHT (ARTICLE)
This article highlights various criticisms of the Citizenship Amendment Act, 2019 and mentions that The Citizenship Amendment Act will have consequences for the India’s foreign policy as well.
- Criticism of Citizenship Amendment Act, 2019
- Impact on projects with ASEAN nations
- Impact projects with Japan
- Makes north-east vulnerable
- Internet shutdown capital of the world
RUSSIA HOPEFUL OF INDIA’S FREE TRADE PACT WITH EAEU
Recently, Russia has stated that it is looking forward to signing of Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between India and Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU).
- About Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU)
- Benefits of FTA between India and EAEU
- How to optimally utilise FTA?
BEIJING ATTACKS WASHINGTON FOR “WEAPONIZATION” OF OUTER SPACE
China has recently warned that the U.S. was turning the cosmos into a “battlefield”, after Washington announced a new military arm called the Space Force.
- What has USA done?
- What is the issue about Militarization of space?
- What are some possible aspects of space use?
- Is there an agreement to prohibit the militarization of outer space?
- What are the provisions under this treaty?
DRDO SUCCESSFULLY TEST QUICK REACTION MISSILE
The DRDO successfully conducted twin tests of the Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) from the Integrated Test Range in Chandipur off the Odisha coast. The QRSAM is developed by DRDO in collaboration with BEL and Bharat Dynamics Ltd.
- Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM)
- Air Defence System
- Significance of QRSAM in India’s Air Defence System
- Capabilities of QRSAM
- Comparison with Akash
BAR-HEADED GOOSE SPOTTED IN PANDALAM
A six-member team attached to Pathanamthitta Birders has spotted the Bar-headed goose (Anser Indicus) in the wetlands of KaringaliPuncha, near Pandalam, reportedly the first sighting in the district.
- Bar-headed goose
- Anser Indicus
- Wetlands of KaringaliPuncha
- Periyar Lake at Thekkady
SOUTH HAS HIGHER PREVALENCE OF MENTAL DISORDERS
India State-Level Disease Burden Initiative report has been published in the Lancet Psychiatry.
- Key observation of the report
- Southern states more vulnerable
- The disease burden is spread across many disorders
NO RELIGION-LINKED PARTY NAME ALLOWED SINCE 2005
The Election Commission has told the Delhi High Court that in 2005 it took a policy decision not to register any political party having a name with religious connotations and thereafter, no such party has been registered.
- Election Commission
- Registration of political party
- Political Party having religious name
- Cutoff date of 2005