27 Feb, 2020
- When to call army? (Polity & Governance)
- Cabinet gives clearance for Technical Textile Mission (Indian Economy)
- Assam at the centre of fresh border row (Polity & Governance)
- In Rakhigarhi, anxiety trumps history (History and Culture)
- Still no finality, the third time round (Ref-1) (Polity & Governance)
- Debating water quality (Ref-2) (Environment and Ecology)
- Practice Question
- Still no finality, the third time
On 27th January 2020, the Bodo Peace Accord 2020 was signed between Centre, State, All Bodo Students’ Union, United Bodo People’s Organisation and National Democratic Front of Boroland
- Main Issue
- Bodo Peace Accord 2020
- Assam at the centre of fresh border row.
Mizoram, otherwise known as an island of peace in a sea of conflicts, saw its major event of violence after nearly 25 years of peace.
- What were the incidents leading to the renewed violence:
- Where is the genesis of the genesis of the issue?
- What are the demands of Mizoram?
- What does Bengal Eastern Frontier Regulation mandates?
- So is this the first time that the tensions have arose?
- In Rakhigarhi, anxiety trumps history
The recent Union Budget 2020-21 had proposed to develop 5 archeological sites as iconic sites : including Rakhigarhi (Haryana), Hastinapur (Uttar Pradesh) Shivsagar (Assam), Dholavira (Gujarat) and Adichanallur (Tamil Nadu).
The excavation plans by ASI I the region has invoked anxiety among locals in few areas with regards to their rehabilitation
- About Rakhigarhi project
- Major findings
- Significance of the project
- Cabinet gives clearance for technical textile mission
The Union Cabinet has recently approved the establishment of National Technical Textiles Mission to enable India to position itself as a global leader in the Technical Textiles.
- What are Technical Textiles?
- Status of Technical Textile Production in India
- Details about the National Technical Textiles Mission
- When to call army
Recently there has been law and order problem in Delhi. This also led to rioting in many areas of Delhi.
Since the Delhi Police comes under the control of Ministry of Home Affairs (Union Government), many experts have raised the question about the actions that Delhi government could have taken in order to bring the situation under control.
- What is the constitutional position of the Delhi Government?
- So what the Delhi government can do solve the problem of law and order in Delhi?
- Is powers of Delhi and other states are different for calling the armed forces?