13 Mar, 2020
- Road Safety - Polity and governance
- Failure of OPEC Plus Deal - IR
- Social Media Regulation - Polity and Governance
- Currency Swap - Indian Economy
- Environment Impact Assessment - Environment
- Practice Questions
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS TO BE MADE ACCOUNTABLE
In response to question in Rajya Sabha, the Minister of Electronics and Information Technology has said the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011 to make the social media platforms more "responsive and accountable" will soon be notified.
- Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011
- Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines Amendment Rules) 2018
- Intermediaries’ liability’ regime
- Intermediaries Liability regime in India: A backgrounder
- Intermediaries Liability
- Section 79 in the Information Technology Act
WHY OIL PRICES ARE CRASHING?
The failure of OPEC+ deal to lower the production has led to oil prices crashing to all-time low since 1991, a 50% fall to around $30 from 65$ in December 2019.
- Reasons for Russia to withdraw
- Possible impact on India
DANGER AHEAD – EDITORIAL
Union Transport Minister has highlighted the beneficial impact of amendments made to the Motor Vehicles Act. The finds the reported reduction in crashes, notably in Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Manipur, Jammu and Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Maharashtra, proof of the law’s beneficial impact.
- Delivering Road Safety in India
- Road Safety and amendment to the Motor Vehicles act 1988
- National Road Safety Board
- Protection of Good Samaritan
- Motor Vehicle Accident Fund
- Recall of vehicles
- National Transportation Policy
- Taxi aggregators
NEW ENVIRONMENTAL LAW CUTS TIME FOR HEARINGS
Government has come up with draft notification for a new framework which will guide the future EIA’s. So before understanding the details about the notification, let us first understand EIA and its legislative source.
- Environment impact assessment - EIA
- Competent authority for notifying the EIA notification
- Section 3 of the Environment (Protection) Act 1986 (EPA)
- Changes proposed under the draft Law for EIA
RBI OPENS DOLLAR-SWAP WINDOW
Recently, due to outflow of FPIs from India, the value of Rupee has depreciated to 17-month low of 74 vis-a-vis dollars. The outflow of dollars has led to its shortage within the Indian Economy. Hence, in order to address the current volatility in the exchange rate and to make available dollars in the domestic market, the RBI has announced that it would carry out Foreign Exchange Sell/Buy Swap.
- outflow of FPIs
- Depreciation of Rupee
- Current volatility in the exchange rate
- Foreign Exchange Sell/Buy Swap
- Likely Impact