GS Paper II Mains 2019 Question Analysis
- The time has come for India and Japan to build a strong contemporary relationship, one involving global and strategic partnership that will have a great significance for Asia and the world as a whole. Comment.
Mains Assignment Question
The time has come for India and Japan to build a strong contemporary relationship, one involving global and strategic partnership that will have a great significance for Asia and the world as a whole.’ Comment. (150 Words)
Subjects : International Relations
- Introduction: Brief background of bilateral relationship between India and Japan
- Body: Mention bilateral initiatives of India and Japan
- Conclusion: Significance of the India-Japan relationship
Add your Answer below
The universal values of freedom, humanism, democracy, tolerance and non-violence shared between India and Japan as elucidated in SAMVAD dialogue constitute the basis for the India-Japan bilateral relationship.
There are several engagements between the two-country evident from initiatives like:
1. Partnership for Peace
a) Confluence between Act East Policy (India) and Free and Open Indo-Pacific strategy
b) QUAD to secure Indo-Pacific region
c) Enhanced security cooperation with Malabar Exercise, MINEX etc.
2. Partnership for Prosperity
a) Synergizing strengths through 'Innovative Asia', East-West Economic Corridor and
Asia-Africa Growth Corridor
b) Connectivity through North East Road Network
3. Partnership for Global Action
a) UNSC Reforms in shape of G4
b) Shared commitment in total elimination of nuclear weapons
c) Growing collaboration in achieving SDGs
d) Concerted global action to combat climate change in line with the Paris Agreement
India-Japan Special Strategic and Global Partnership holds immense promise for the future of the two countries as they jointly endeavor to build a more secure, peaceful and prosperous region and the world.