15 Mar, 2020
- Is the global economy headed for recession - FAQ, COVID-19 hurts textile exports - Economy
- How does soap use help in tackling COVID-19 - FAQ - Science & Technology
- MP's panel concerned at Defence fund shortfall - Security
- Yes Bank & AT1 Bonds - FAQ - Economy
- Practice Questions (i) SIRT1 Gene (ii) Superhydrophobic coating
MP’s panel concerned at Defence fund shortfall
- There is a widening gap between projections and allocations in the outlay for the defence sector and this in turn has negatively impacted the modernization of defence forces.
- Causes of problems:
- Low budgetary allocation:
- Result of low allocation
- The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence (SCOD)
Economic impact of COVID-19
COVID-19 hurts Textile exports
- This article highlights the impact on global economy if the stain of COVID-19 Virus stays in the atmosphere for long. The virus has disrupted India’s supply chain thereby impacting its economy. Let us understand viewpoint of this article.
- Is there a chance of global economy slipping into recession?
- Why are the impacts on textile and clothing exporters in India?
- Does breaking of supply chain effect global economy?
- Which industries have been impacted?
- Is there a silver lining at all?
Coronavirus | How does soap use help in tackling COVID-19?
- As the number of Covid-19 cases have passed 1.5 lakh globally with more than 5,760 deaths, various measures have been mentioned to reduce the risk of infection.
- What does WHO guidelines say?
- How does washing with soap help get rid of the coronavirus?
- What is the mechanism though which sopas destroy the Virus?
- Do all viruses have the lipid layer?
- How do alcohol-based hand sanitisers help get rid of coronavirus?
- But is there a comparison between both of them?
Yes banks and Bonds
- AT1 bonds, also known as Additional Tier 1 bonds, are unsecured perpetual bonds issued by banks to shore up their capital base to meet Basel III requirements.
- Basel III Norms
- RBI’s version on Basel III Norms
- Why are AT1 bonds ‘perpetual’?
- Can AT1 Bonds be written off completely?
- When can interest be not given for AT1 Bonds?
- How did Retail Investors purchase these AT1 Bonds of Yes Bank?
TIFR study reveals role of glucose in regulating liver functions, ageing
- SIRT1 has become hot topic because it has been found to be associated with regulation of metabolic activities and also ageing.
- A study by researchers from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai (TIFR) has found that glucose controls the function of SIRT1 directly.
- what can be the consequences of such controls?